Merry Rama Insurance
Full Animal Mortality Insurance
Covering death from accident, illness and transit.
Coverage available for raised animals – Values based on appraisal and current market value.
Purchased animals can be covered immediately, if purchased at a Public Auction.
Private purchases can be covered by obtaining a Veterinarian exam.
The Full Mortality policy provides the highest level of mortality coverage. It covers death as a result of all natural causes including accident, sickness or disease, or euthanasia if recommended by your veterinarian and with prior approval from American Live Stock.
Protect your investment today!
The loss of an animal doesn’t need to be a financial loss as well!
Basic Cattle Mortality Policies
- Cattle may be insured for terms of coverage ranging from 30 days to 12 months.
- Cattle from age three months to five years are eligible for coverage. Age exceptions can be made with an additional premium. *Please see Rate Schedule.
- A fully completed, signed and dated Insurance Application. (Click Here for Application Instructions)
- A satisfactory veterinary certificate of health carried out within 14 days of the coverage start date.
Any illness, injury, or death of an insured animal should immediately be reported to American Live Stock Inc. at 630-232-2100.
- Notice must be given for all surgical procedures performed for non-life threatening conditions prior to the surgery being performed. This includes castration.
- Please call these procedures to the attention of anyone having care, custody and control of the insured animal. Failure to comply may jeopardize your coverage!
Please note the following
- Livestock Mortality Insurance is written for the purpose of protecting the actual investment of the livestock owner, not potential gain or profit.
- A mortality policy cannot be construed in any way as maintenance coverage; it does not include veterinarian or similar expenses.
- Indemnity is payable only as a result of death loss.
- Mortality coverage does not indemnify an insured against loss of an animal’s ability to perform the functions for which it is kept.
- Death from natural or accidental causes is included, but mandatory slaughter by governmental authority or decree or for expediency is not included.
- The basis for valuing an animal should be an actual sale price or fair and conservative appraisal by competent judges when no actual sale transaction has taken place. These values shall be subject to acceptance by American Live Stock Inc.
- Mortality insurance is renewable only on evidence of re-insure ability, both as to physical condition and market value.
- Cancellation may only be effected by the insured, or by the company on notice given in conformation with whatever existing laws govern for the address of the insured as shown on the policy. Short rate basis if ordered by insured and pro rate basis if by the company.
- Policies may not be transferred from one insured to another nor may cover be switched from one animal to another.
- Application subject to acceptance by company.
4236 County Highway 18
Delhi, New York 13753
(607) 746-2226 Ext. 2
(607) 746-2911 Fax
Click here to email Merry Rama
The Cattle Exchange
4236 County Highway 18
Delhi, NY 13753
Office: (607) 746-2226
Dave's Cell: (607) 435-0792